Blog Entry Week 2
Visit the website https://theindexproject.org/. Choose one INDEX award winner or nominee and review their profile and design. Write a comment about the design or invention.
I chose the RobustNest, designed by Swiss designer Fabien Roy in collaboration with EPFL’s Essential Tech Center. The invention is a newborn incubator with a special thermal battery, so it can resist power cuts and can also be easily transported and prevent newborn deaths. It was created because many newborns die due to hypothermia, especially in sub-Saharan Africa. The incubators they had didn't function well there, so this was created to fix that. I think this a very interesting and necessary invention, because it's saving lives.
Hey Maya, I think the Fabien Roy sounds like it can save a ton of lives there in sub-Saharan Africa. It's really interesting how the incubator has a special thermal battery to keep the babies warm and is easily transportable to get to those villages or towns in remote areas
ReplyDelete