Blog Entry Week 10
For the creative individual paper, I chose to write about Walt Disney. He was born in Chicago, but spent a lot of time in Missouri. Growing up, Disney loved to draw and sold his artwork to his friends and family, and followed that passion for art and creating. He did many different types of jobs throughout his twenties, most of which included working with film or some sort of animation. Disney eventually created a character named "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit", who ended up being stolen from him. Being without a job, Disney had to come up with another idea, which was when he created Mickey Mouse. After that, Disney and his empire expanded into films, amusement parks, and so much more to what we know today.
Wow that pretty sick! Walt Disney was indeed a fascinating individual, and it was cool to see how Oswald inspired other creations.
ReplyDeleteWalt Disney is still such a huge creative inspiration for people which is really impressive. It's great motivation to pursue art further, as you never know where it might lead. I also used to love Oswald, I didn't know he was stolen though!
ReplyDelete